Join our team
Customer Service Specialist
Receptionists are responsible for greeting patients, relaying incoming telephone calls to the appropriate person,
and performing assigned front desk responsibilities.
To work autonomously and in collaboration with the Site Supervisor and RN’s to ensure the
interaction with guest and administrative task for the medical staff are carried out in a timely and
professional manner on a day-to-day basis.
The Receptionist are responsible for ensuring the mission of HAPPI is carried out to with the patients by
completing the following:
- Understanding of healthcare technology including HIPAA, EHR programs, and various insurance
- Knowledge of Microsoft products predominantly Word
- Greeting patients professionally both in person and on the phone
- Optimizing provider schedules and patients’ satisfaction with efficient scheduling within Athena
- Notifying providers of patient’s arrival
- Informing patients of delays upon check-in
- Verifying financial records and collecting patients’ charges while filing and expediting third-party claims
- Communicating necessary patient information and questions via email system or EMR system.
- Following policies and procedures to minimize error and enhance consistency among team members
- Ensuring patient collections and end- of- day reports are tallied accordingly
- Ensuring compliance with Sliding Fee Discount Program (SFDP)
- All other duties assigned by Management Team
- Received: The Receptionist will report directly to the Site Supervisor; but will work collaboratively with assist all provider and upper managerial staff with requests for support.
- Given: The Receptionist will not directly supervise any other positions.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Additional secondary education or training is preferred.
- Required: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and computer literacy; outstanding
customer service skills.
- Preferred: Experience in the healthcare field; previous cash handling experience; previous experience
with medical insurance.
Most positions at HAPPI Health require use of personal computer, keyboard, and other standard office
equipment, including but not limited to multi-line telephone, printer/copier, electronic fax, and cell phone
applications related to the EHR system, as well as payment terminals.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Usual: Typical outpatient clinic environment.
- Special: Additionally, requires some exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and other conditions
common to a clinic environment.
- Special: May participate in community events and be required to lift more than 30 lbs. for setting up and tearing
down of events.
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone/able to use multi-line phone system
and respond to verbal questions.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from written and
printed sources, as well as computer screens.
- Other: Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 lbs. unassisted, including assisting
patients when required. Adequate physical ability to include sufficient manual dexterity to perform requisite health care service, including putting supplies away and accepting deliveries. Requires frequent sitting, reaching, repetitive hand movements, typing standing for up to 4 hours without a break, walking,
squatting, sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.